Uniform at CHS South
We are very proud of our uniform at CHS South. It identifies students as part of our CHS South community. It also helps our pupils to feel equal and valued. Our uniform is gender neutral.
We want our students to represent the school, their families and themselves with pride. We ask that our high standards of uniform are visible at all times, including on the journey to and from school. This means that we expect pupils to arrive to and leave school wearing full and smart uniform. Wearing school uniform helps students to develop a positive mind set for learning and supports them in being successful, creative and happy.
Buying School Uniform
Our school supplier for the forthcoming academic year is:
Monkhouse – School Wear Specialists
Stretford Arndale Shopping Centre
Tel: 0161 865 3142
Please contact us directly if you need support to provide your child with a school uniform.
Uniform items that do not carry the CHS South logo can be bought from large supermarkets. Please be aware that some items that are sold on supermarket school uniform aisles do not meet our expectations for uniform. For example, “skinny cut” or “jean like” trousers. Please check the additional guidance below to make sure that what you buy will be suitable for school.
CHS South Uniform
- School blazer - To be worn throughout the school day, including on arrival and departure.
- School tie - To be worn up to the top button and tied correctly. Five stripes should be shown.
- White button neck shirt/blouse - Should be tucked into trousers/skirt at all times.
- Black, traditional school trousers - Full length.
- Black skirts that are branded with small version of the school logo, or a plain black, loose-fitting ankle-length skirt worn for moderation. We will consider introducing a branded version of this skirt with our uniform suppliers next academic year.
- Black knitted V Neck Jumper or cardigan with school logo (Optional).
- Plain black school shoes or all black trainers (e.g., Nike Airforce or Adidas Stan Smith) below the ankle.
- Plain black or grey socks or plain black or grey tights.
- A headscarf worn for religious reasons must be plain black, grey, or white, with no decorations or tassels.
Latest updates to our uniform policy are in bold.
- Chinos, jeans or ‘jean like’ trousers, leggings and jeggings are not allowed.
- Trainers or sports/casual shoes with logos or coloured sections are not allowed. Footwear that rises above the ankle is not allowed.
- Hats, scarfs and gloves are not allowed, anywhere inside the building. We ask that caps are not worn, including on the journey to or from school.
- In cold and wet weather, a coat should be worn above the blazer. Coats are not to be worn inside our building.
- Hooded tops, zipped tops, sports tops and non-uniform jumpers are not allowed. We ask that hooded tops are not worn in place of a coat.
- We like badges but students should wear no more than three personal badges on their blazer.
- Small stud earrings only. Large, hooped or dangling earrings must not be worn for health and safety reasons.
- Face, tongue or body piercings should not be worn.
Make Up and Nails
- Make up should be natural in appearance.
- False/acrylic nails and false eyelashes are prohibited.
CHS South PE Kit
- Black sports shirt with embroidered logo.
- Black sports shorts with embroidered logo.
- Black football/hockey socks.
- Sports trainers with non-marking soles.
During the school year we will continue to ask pupils to come to school on PE days wearing their PE kit with their blazer on top.
Optional items for PE
- Black sports top with embroidered logo.
- Black jogging pants with embroidered logo.
- Skort with embroidered logo.
Students are expected to take responsibility for their books and equipment. They must have a school bag that is suitable to carry their books (A4 size), writing equipment and sports kit. The school bag should also include a pocket which is suitable to carry a mobile phone (turned off) during the day.
Handbags and over the shoulder bags are not allowed.
All items of uniform should be clearly labelled with the student’s name. Students who lose items of uniform or equipment should contact Reception where lost property is stored.
CHS South welcome donations of school uniform. If you are replacing items of uniform and have no-one in your family or friends to pass items on to, please consider donating them to the school. We will use them to support families within our community.