Welcome to CHS South, our brand new eight-form entry, mixed, comprehensive school providing 240 places from Year 7 to Year 11. We will open in September 2018 with a full 240-place cohort in Year 7. We will then grow to capacity over a five-year period.
I am immensely proud to be entrusted with the role of Headteacher at CHS South. To be able to extend the fantastic provision on offer at Chorlton High School to more young people in our community is one I embrace whole-heartedly. Over the past 14 years, I have been honoured to contribute to the development of Chorlton High School as a member of the Senior Leadership Team and I passionately believe in our ethos of providing an education that allows young people to become creative, happy and successful. CHS South will allow more young people in our community to access an education that not only allows them to achieve academic excellence but also acquire the creative skills necessary to successfully apply their abilities and navigate their way in an ever changing landscape.
We will also ensure the young people at CHS South have access to a broad and forward thinking enrichment curriculum. We are well positioned to offer a diverse and engaging sports curriculum through our fantastic relationships with the vast array of sports providers in our community. Furthermore our expertise and understanding of the creative arts, an industry growing faster in our local community than anywhere in the UK outside London, will ensure our young people are provided with the opportunities to develop and hone their skills in order to become the next generation of creative trailblazers.
The delivery model at CHS South is based upon the structures and processes that have successfully delivered change at Chorlton High School. We will use our curricular strength to ensure that we challenge underperformance and underachievement so that all students can achieve success.
We will use our operational strength to ensure that our provision is efficient and effective, accurately targeting resource to need and delivering quality outcomes
We will offer all our students:
- An Arts rich, inspiring academic programme of study based around the National Curriculum, including an entitlement for all to access an EBacc curriculum supplemented with high quality vocational qualifications.
- An absolute commitment to the highest quality teaching in all curriculum areas.
- A rich and diverse enrichment curriculum providing a wealth of creative, cultural and social experiences for students.
We will provide:
- An ethos rooted in high expectations and high aspirations, nurturing positive, respectful and responsible young people.
- High quality pastoral care and support ensuring that all students are focused on their learning journey.
- A resolute focus on supporting and inspiring all of our students so that they have an excellent foundation for future success.
We will achieve:
- Successful & independent learners who seize every educational opportunity.
- Students who are able to discover and explore, problem solve and take risks, visualise the future and achieve with confidence.
- Students who represent us as well-rounded, confident and respectful citizens.
Headteacher, CHS South
CHS South will join the existing schools who make up The Prospere Learning Trust: Chorlton High School, Newall Green High School, Piper Hill High School and Pioneer House High School. The Prospere Learning Trust was formed to create a Multi-Academy Trust of Manchester schools. Our aim is to provide excellent opportunities for all students based on our commitment to academic rigour whilst providing comprehensive education to all the children in our local communities in a safe and nurturing environment.