At CHS South we are committed to providing high quality educational opportunities for our community. Our vision is based on the belief that a broad and balanced curriculum is a vital component of lifelong learning. We nurture academic success alongside creativity and imagination throughout the school curriculum to help students to secure the knowledge and skills they will need for future success.
The delivery model at CHS South is based upon the structures and processes that have successfully delivered outstanding outcomes at Chorlton High School. We use our curricular strength to ensure that we support & challenge so that all students can achieve success; we use our operational strength to ensure that our provision is efficient and effective, accurately targeting resource to need and delivering a creative, happy & successful experience for all young people.
CHS South is built on and driven by our core values and we are committed to enabling all our students to become:
Creative: An education where imagination, curiosity & resilience enable us to ignite our learning
Happy: A shared belief that optimism, empathy & responsibility are the foundations for a respectful, safe & inclusive community
Successful: Individuals who are ready to learn, practice being reflective, and are motivated to become champions
The school will strive to:
- provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced, promotes character and the personal, social, physical, spiritual, moral, and cultural development of our students preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- ensure that students develop the essential skills in reading, writing, communication and numeracy;
- foster students' creativity and develop essential skills, including independent learning skills;
- promote a healthy lifestyle;
- inspire students to a commitment to learning which will last a lifetime;
- promote high standards in all learning and teaching; and
- promote community cohesion and the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
CLICK ON THE BANNERS BELOW TO CHECK OUT OUR AMAZING SUBJECT AREAS